Army Installation Management Command Food Service Worker NA-02 in Fort Rucker, Alabama
This announcement will have a first cutoff date of 15-Mar-2018, applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. Additional referral lists may be issued at management's request.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area, (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at the Fort Rucker Primary and Elementary School Cafeteria.
For additional duties of this position, please follow link to position description # 1447 https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9Rg26JRtyUbYOblaZSgA%3D%3D
Learn more about this agency
- Performs work in the cafeteria section under the supervision of the Food Service Supervisor. Supervisor or his/her delegate assigns duties and is available for immediate assistance.
- Performs a variety of tasks having several steps or a sequence of tasks that requires attention to work operations in a kitchen or dining area following established procedures.
- Sets up cafeteria lines, steam-tables and service tables with hot and cold food items including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter and beverages; replenishes as necessary.
- Break down and cleans tables and area when meal is finished and returns food to the kitchen area. Washes tables and counters.
- Operates, break downs and cleans all equipment assigned to the area for food preparation. Clean kitchen equipment such as worktables, sinks and refrigerators. Scrapes, soaks, scours and scrubs heavy cooking utensils such as mixing bowls or pots.
- Separates food waste and trash from dishes, glasses and silverware. Sweeps and mops kitchen floors. Cleans exhaust vents, hoods, windows, ceilings and walls. Cleans and sanitizes trash cans; disposes of trash.
- #### Job family (Series)
7408 Food Service Working
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- This is a flexible position that there are no guaranteed hours. A flexible employee serves in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15.j to include a National Agency Check (NACI).
- Ability to understand and follow simple instructions and be able to use hand tools for cleaning and operating simple machines.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3433, DA Form 3434, PCS Travel Orders, Marriage Certificate
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1:00PM on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EG-NAF-W6CEAA US ARMY GARRISON FT RUCKER DO NOT MAIL Fort Rucker, AL US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493314000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/08/2018 to 06/06/2018
Salary: $8.64 to $10.05 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 2
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Permanent